Today I am excited to share this delicious vegan cheesecake recipe with you. It is one of my favourite recipes from my new book, ‘The 12-Step Mind-Body-Food Reset’. This raw dessert is delicious, simple to prepare and is perfect for sharing with loved ones. You can also make it ahead of time and keep it stored in the freezer for up to 3 months (just make sure to transfer it to the fridge for about 1 hour before serving!). I hope you love it as much as I do.
Vegan Lemon & Blueberry Cheesecake
Prep: 25 mins + overnight soaking + 3 hours freezer time (don’t worry it’s easier than it sounds!)
For the base:
- 200 g (1¼ cups) whole natural almonds
- 6 large fresh medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the lemon & blueberry filling:
- 280 g (2 cups) raw cashews, soaked overnight in water, then drained well
- 125 ml (½ cup) melted coconut oil
- zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 300 g fresh blueberries
- Line the base and sides of a 20 cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper, making sure to allow overhang on two sides (this will help you remove the cheesecake from the tin later).
- Pulse all the ingredients for the cheesecake base in a food processor until everything is very finely chopped and the mixture starts to form a ball (you may need to add 1–2 tablespoons of water to help the mixture along). Transfer to the prepared tin and press out firmly and evenly to completely cover the base.
- Place the drained cashews, coconut oil, lemon zest and juice and maple syrup in a clean food processor and mix for 2–3 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy. Pour into the cake tin and level the surface with a palette knife. Scatter the blueberries over the top and press them lightly into the mixture.
- Freeze for 2–3 hours, or until just firmly set. Using the overhanging baking paper, carefully lift the cheesecake out of the tin and onto a serving plate. Cut into 12 pieces and serve immediately.
My third book, ‘The 12-Step Mind-Body-Food Reset’, is now available to purchase here.
Source: Jessica Sepel